Wednesday, April 11, 2007

An Inconvenient Truth


I've just finished watching "An Inconvenient Truth," Al Gore's documentary on the issue of Global Warming. I never expected it to be such gripping viewing. I mean it is a documentary for a start! And at the heart of it is a powerpoint slideshow/lecture given by an American politician (Al Gore) who, if he hadn't lost the US presidential election because of some dodgy hanging chads in the state of Florida, might possibly have lost it by simply boring the electorate to death - but not here.
Al Gore's undoubted expertise is matched (or maybe even superseded) by his passion. This is a man with a mission and a message- and he definitely gets the message across.
If you haven't seen this film yet, it's time you did.
By the way, I didn't mean to be quite so dismissive of documentaries. "Touching the Void" is another one that has you sitting on the edge of your seat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iain, I had lost this address and forgotton about your 'blogspot'. Really enjoyed it and will definately visit more regularly. My first thought after reading through it was 'does Iain ever rest'.
Julie K

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

Hi Julie. Thanks for dropping by. Of course I rest! :-) Sometimes.