Thursday, April 12, 2007

Blue Sky thinking

I took this photo from my garden this afternoon to prove that even in Scotland we sometimes have days with cloudless blue skies. (Not often, mind you. So we learn to appreciate them.)
I guess most people nowadays will have heard about 'blue sky thinking.' It's about dreaming of new possibilities, thinking outside of the box, finding new ways of looking at problems etc.
Following on from yesterday's post, I believe some scientists have been trying to do a bit of this 'blue sky thinking' in relation to global warming (this metaphor seems to me to be particularly appropriate in relation to environmental concerns.)
In most areas of life, of course, there are times when such 'blue sky thinking' is not just a good idea but a necessity. However, sometimes we also have to learn to appreciate the clouds. And for this purpose there exists... the Cloud Appreciation Society.
Actually, it is often the clouds in the sky and the obstacles in the way and the difficult challenges of living and relating to others that make our journey through life interesting. So on this cloudless blue-sky day - let's hear it for the clouds!!

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Beautiful blue sky!!

Iain, I've been 'tagged', a new to me concept. I was awarded a Thinking Blogger Award. I am to list 5 blogs that I give the same award to, and you are on my list! You deserve it.

Go to my blog and it sort of explains things.

Hope that is all right?

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

Thank you, Cherie. I haven't had much time to read about it yet but I'll take a look.