Friday, March 16, 2007

going...going...



Talk about the foundations being destroyed? Someone has been vandalising our gateposts. It happened once before. We got it repaired. Now it is happening all over again. It is being gradually dismantled!

First they scrape out the mortar, then, using some sort of lever, they prise the stones apart.

It's bad enough that my birthplace, my first church (and perhaps one day my first school) should be demolished after I've gone. But not the house I'm living in while I'm still here!! That is a bit too much.

4 comments:

Cherie said...

You'd better look out, Iain! They'll be coming after YOU soon!

;-)

(Sorry to hear about your property being vandalized. That's terrible.)

E.Louise said...

Goodness, they must be pretty determined. You could a) set up a fake video camera or b) slide a fake-old handwritten note in behind the bricks that warns of a curse on whoever tries to remove them. Might freak them out (but might also not be the kind of thing a minister should do?!)

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

Some interesting ideas, Emma. :-) I did actually think about the camera - but not a fake one.
What actually worries me is that the gatepost might fall on the perpetrator(s) and severely injure them, or worse. It took four pretty hefty builders last time to put the capstone on top. I wouldn't want that to land on someone's head.

Kerron said...

That sounds like a threat! :-)