Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Blogging without the use of a Net

I found a new use for my blog yesterday but also missed an opportunity.

Yesterday I was speaking at a local club for senior citizens, known as the "Care Club" and, rather than prepare a talk, I decided to read extracts from my blog, projecting the images on to a screen using the data projector, and illustrating some of the stories with songs and a couple of fiddle solos. The only thing is I forgot to take my camera with me, so I didn't get to take a picture of the audience. That's a pity because a number of the people in the audience said they were going to try and find my blog on the net, even though most of them had never accessed the internet before.

As my childhood hero, the Lone Ranger, might have said "Hi-yo, Silver-Surfers Away!"

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Ha!! Silver-surfers! Hilarious!!

What a great idea, Iain, using your blog as a visual. I wish I could hear you play your violin. Maybe someday you'll do a YouTube of yourself. Hmm?

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

Unlikely. :-)

liz crumlish said...

lone ranger? obviously before my time.
but I like the you tube idea - go on.