Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Chalk and cheese





This is the congregation of PCEA Kiambaa in Kenya singing in their usual energetic way. That's what I like - energy! That's why I am here at Aviemore for a Church Without Walls conference called Re-Energise. We've just been to morning worship led by the Moderator of the Church of Scotland. He was telling us about his recent trip to Ghana which was interesting enough but he was also trying to get us to sing some songs from Ghana - unaccompanied. (Good in one sense that it means those of us who are in the band could have a morning off.) However... compared to African singing, ours was 'Mogadon Praise!" United in lethargy. Sleepers awake! Actually our singing to African singing was like chalk to cheese. Oh no- there's the cheese again! In fact, as someone actually said to me the singing was dreich! Thankfully the weather is not and the skies are blue.

9 comments:

Paper Dreams, Honey. said...

Nice blog Iain!
I'm sitting on the computers in P.S.E.
So technically i'm not supposed to be browsing blogs, But the sites i'm on, I can look at, at home anyway. :)

I managed to have a brief 30 second chat with Linsay on sunday, before the bus rushed us off to snowboarding. :) Was nice to see her. Though I never got a chance to chat. And ask her how she enjoyed Hong Kong. Never mind...:)

hx

Kerron said...

Linsay really enjoyed Hong Kong, I get the impression she always does!

We'll be abck for a few days in April BTW.

Also I'd like to point out that I've never eaten chalk either.

Anonymous said...

HK was amazing... though Kerron was sick for the first few days with some flu virus.

how was the snowboarding?? how many times did you fall?

was good to see you on Sunday, have just booked flights home for Easter (9th-15th April) so hopefully I'll see you then!

Kerron said...

PS I type faster than Linsay! :-)

Kerron said...

PPS I just beat her again. :-)

Muthungu Mweiga said...

Hi Iain, your reference to the the PCEA tripped my google alert! I shall have to get into some blogging! Every blessing,
Paul Bailie

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

Hi Paul, thanks for dropping in on the blog. Look forward to reading yours too when you start posting. Do you know yet when you might be wanting to come over to Scotland?

Paper Dreams, Honey. said...

HaHa. I have to admit, I have eaten chalk. In P1, it was a childish dare, which did not end well. Lets just say,I lost my appetite for it very quickly.

As for snowboarding, It was awesome. Though our bums got very very cold after sitting in the snow for like 1/2 an hour.
And I did fall, several times. The worst being when Nicole leaned forward to tie her board to her feet, couldn't get up. So i grabbed her round the middle from behind, and we both propelled backwwards in a heap of snow. Nicole on top of me. hee hee.

Hopefully see you in April Linsay!

h xx

Paper Dreams, Honey. said...

And Kerron too!

hx