Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Over the Clyde



You know, one of the unexpected delights about starting this 'blogging' business is coming across other interesting blogs.

Thanks to one blog I visited (PRESENT) I have been introduced to a band I'd never heard of before (Over the Rhine.)

I have been enjoying listening to them (because they allow you to download a number of their tracks for free.)

The bridge here is not over the Rhine but over the Clyde. I had this great idea a while back that I would photograph ALL the bridges over the Clyde and then write a book telling the history of each bridge. That was until I realised just how many bridges there are and how hard it might be to research all of their stories. Not only that, nobody seems too sure exactly where the River Clyde really starts. It doesn't get called the Clyde until round about Abington but this is just where a number of tributaries come together.

Anyway, although I did manage to photograph a number of the bridges, I gave up on the idea of the Photo Book with stories of them all. Maybe one day...

... after I've written my first novel...

... and screenplay...

.... and collections of poems...

that is... almost certainly never.

What I do have to do before Sunday (really before Friday) is write two sermons.

Now, I wonder if I could get away with a slide show of pictures of bridges...

No comments: