Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Growing up


The picture is of the youngest participant at this year's Fiddle Force Winter School. Robyn was just a little over two weeks old when her Mum and Dad brought her down to Wiston.
Seeing her reminded me of how quickly time flies past - especially today, as Heather, the youngest of our children is now officially no longer a child. It seems like only yesterday since our 'baby' was born.... and now she's eighteen!
Can't write much at the moment as I am about to go out with the family for a celebration 18th Birthday meal!!
Just one comment, though.
At a meeting today in Edinburgh, which I was chairing, I happened to make a particular suggestion to the committee. (It was the Nomination Committee of the Church of Scotland - Don't ask what it does, or how it does it... it would take too long to explain.) One member of the committee remarked: "That would be the grown-up thing to do."
I wasn't sure whether to take it as a compliment or not but replied that it was probably the first time in my life that anybody had ever described any of my suggestions as "grown up" or had ever accused me of being grown up.
Ah, well, I guess we all have to grow up one day. Maybe this was my day?

3 comments:

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

I'll take that as a compliment!

Paper Dreams, Honey. said...

my dad mentioned the other day that he remembers Heather when she was still going to Noahs Ark. He couldn't believe that she was turning 18 already.

Though he was the exact same at my 16th. I wonder what he'll be like when I turn 18. Haha.

hx

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

paper dreams, honey - he will be just as disbelieving! Cos you see inside we are still little kids