Friday, June 29, 2007

More water everywhere


People in many parts of England, especially Yorkshire, have been having a really dreadful time lately with unprecedented amounts of rain and the inevitable flooding afterwards. My heart goes out to them all. Apparently we are due to get some pretty heavy rainfall tomorrow too but it is unlikely to be quite so devastating here.
On a much smaller scale, though, I had my own little inundation incident this morning.
My study sits directly below our upstairs bathroom...
you can probably guess more or less where this is going...
After I'd had my shower this morning I went back into my study and noticed that the computer monitor appeared to have shut down. A closer inspection revealed a spot of moisture on the screen. An even closer inspection revealed that the spot of moisture was behind the screen - inside! A quick glanced upwards confirmed my fear... the top of the monitor looked like it had also (like myself) just had a shower. Which in fact it had. Indeed, it was more or less the same shower. After I'd experienced it, it had clearly made its way (via a leak in the shower cabinet) through the bathroom floor and the study ceiling right on to my desk, and in particular on to my pc monitor.
Sad to say... the monitor now appears to be completely defunct!
I'm glad the shower did not have that effect on me.

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Love the water reflection shot, Iain! Soothing.

And I'm also quite glad that the shower you took didn't have the same effect as the shower your poor computer took. That....would be sad.