Monday, June 04, 2007

Hey-Ho...Silver lining

I have not managed to blog for a few days because I've been having computer problems. Amazing things when they work: hair-tearingly frustrating when they don't!
(I won't bore you with the details.)
Anyway... I had a great day today. A real silver lining.
One of our local primary schools (Kirkton) is celebrating its 25th birthday. The scary thing is - I have been their school chaplain for 80% of that time (i.e. for the last 20 years!) Anyway, today the whole school was in the church recording a celebration CD. I was asked to help with some guitar backing etc. It was good fun.
The kids did a brilliant job and I'm sure all those who in the weeks to come manage to get hold of this collector's item will really be pleased and proud to own it.
OK - it won't make the top of the album charts... but I think all the parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, neighbours and passers-by who are asked to buy one from the Primary 7's as part of their "Enterprise" project will enjoy listening to it... at least once.

No comments: