Saturday, May 26, 2007

Washout!


Here's a little useful housekeeping tip.
Even if your iPod gets dirty DO NOT PUT IT INTO THE WASHING MACHINE!!
A certain, not-to-be-named, member of my family accidentally put mine through a full wash cycle along with a duvet cover.
It has not been very well since (the iPod, that is.) In fact, it is almost certainly clinically dead, although, as one who believes in resurrection, I continue to wait in forlorn hope for a miracle.

The saddest thing of all is... it doesn't look any cleaner than before.

7 comments:

liz crumlish said...

Oops! Don't be too hard on whatever member of your family it was. You probably shouldn't have left it on the duvet anyway!(One who knows how these things happen)

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

Believe me, my only reaction has been to share the story with the world... :-)

Anonymous said...

Dry it out in the microwave.

3 mins on full should sort it

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

I imagine you are kidding "blunt"? The case is half metal!

Kerron said...

Of course he's joking...you actually want to grill it under a low heat. ;-)

E.Louise said...

Oh sorry about this. My Dad's destroyed several pairs of glasses in the washing machine.

Cherie said...

...and I know of a woman who washed her daughter's cell phone, only to find it still works fine.

Go figure.....