Sunday, May 27, 2007

The bad technology weekend continues

A short sequel to the tragic tale. First of all the good news.
Accompanying my iPod on its final journey in the washing machine to Apple Heaven were my Sennheiser earphones.
Miraculously they didn't seem to mind being scrubbed up and are still working normally.
What's more they do look pretty clean.
Mind you, I don't recommend it as a standard method for removing unwanted earwax from the phones. It may be effective but I'm sure it's still pretty risky.
On a sadder (and for me hair-tearing) note... last night (or to be more precise in the early hours of this morning) the church's laptop pc gave up the ghost. Fortunately I had a few minutes of warning that something was going seriously wrong and just as the laptop breathed its last I managed to persuade it to transfer the PowerPoint for the Sunday Morning service to my MacBook...
Sadly, though, I can no longer start the thing up and I am going to have to try find someone who can lend me a 2.5inch IDE to USB adapter to try recover some of the data from the hard disk which (surprise, surprise) was not backed up.
It was just another one of those things in my HAVEN'T YET DONE list.

2 comments:

lynntie said...

Hi Iain,
Peter will check on Tuesday if there is one of those adapters in his office.

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

Thanks Lynn. I'll keep trying other sources too.