Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Would you walk by...


One of my daughters had a very lucky escape on Sunday morning. Her car spun off the road and rolled over into a field, ending up facing in the opposite direction, although back on its wheels again. Had the skid happened a few seconds earlier who knows what might have happened. As it is, she emerged from the wreck unscathed - which is more than can be said for her car which is now a total write-off.
Amazing as her good fortune was, it is not, to me, the most astonishing thing about the incident. No, I reserve that description for a group of people who witnessed the whole episode.
You see all of this took place right next to the 18th Tee of Carluke Golf Course. A group of golfers were tee-ing off at the time my daughter's car spun out of control and did its tumble across the field towards them. They paused for a few seconds to look over...

... then promptly carried on with their game!!
Can you believe it?

6 comments:

Alice said...

Only in Carluke!

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

Perhaps. or maybe we should say 'only golfers!' ?

Muscles said...

Sorry to hear about that Iain, we can only hope that there were other Dads on that same golf course who would have ditched their clubs and come to her aid.

Sandy said...

I can't believe it! That's a really tough one to accept. No golf game is that important, and I love golf! I don't mean to be disrespectful but I hope their golf game was terrible.

Anonymous said...

That's the trouble with Carluke Golf Course - its too near the road and golfers can only too easily distracted at a crucial point of the round. In fact, I don't blame the golfers for carrying on with their game. Perhaps there was a fiver riding on the result! So give them a break would you?

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

I know you are trying to be funny, Anonymous, but I don't think I would be laughing if my daughter had been hurt in any way. Actually, I'm not laughing anyway. Sorry