Monday, August 28, 2006

Light on the water


You don't have to go to some far-off exotic place to find interesting reflections.
This little picture was taken recently in Bristol.

And the following children's song was written many, many years ago after watching light dancing on the water at Millport, on the Isle of Cumbrae.


Light on the Water

Light on the water, the wind in my hair
I wait in the silence to see if you're there.
The world all around me has something to say
Tells me where I can find you
'cause you're everywhere.

I love you, Lord Jesus 'cause you loved me first
You gave me the best when I expected the worst
I maybe don't see you but I know you are there
Just like the light on the water
and the wind in my hair.


The love you have planted is starting to grow
The joy that we want is beginning to flow;
A new kind of feeling is filling the air,
The Spirit is movin' like a light everywhere.

Some people may say there's no reason in me,
No possible reason why I should believe.
But what better reason could there ever be
Than to know you're alive
Because you're livin' in me!
(c) Iain D. Cunningham

No comments: