Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Reflections on the Indian River

With the rain pouring down here and the days becoming very short, I decided to haul out this photograph of the Indian River at Cocoa, Florida, another one of my favourite places in the world.
It's such a tranquil spot in the early morning as the sun comes up.
We have also stood in that same place to watch a Space Shuttle launch, although (if I remember correctly) that particular launch was postponed.
It's some time now since I visited there, staying with some very special friends.
Somehow the approaching winter weather has given me a notion to go back. I wish I could.
I suppose there have been lots of times in my life when I wish I could have gone back- perhaps to do things differently, perhaps just to relive some special experience, but, of course, time doesn't work that way for us. And the only way is forward. I just hope that will include the possibility of visiting Cocoa again some time soon.
On a much less serious note- the script for our church pantomime has now been completed and rehearsals begin on Sunday. We have until the first weekend in February to get the show on stage. Not easy with Christmas in between (not to mention regular work!!) But I think it is going to be great fun for everyone who has volunteered to take part.
At this stage, I'm not going to give away any secrets about the plot or the characters, but I will reveal the title: Jack and the Beans Talk.
Now that's an original one isn't it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for introducing me to "blogs" - expecially yours!! Really enjoyed reading it as well as your letter. Mary Louise

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

Hey, Mary Louise! Thanks for dropping in! Wish I could drop in to visit you and Ernest just as easily. Maybe one day.

Kerron said...

Linsay was talking about Indian River just the other day.

In return I gave her the script to my Christmas Panto Cindy Weller.

Who knows, I may send it your way too if you like. :-)

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

Send a copy, please.
If you'd sent it earlier then maybe "Jack and the Beans Talk" would never have been written. We couldn't find a decent panto script anywhere which is why we wrote our own. (Actually Dawn wrote most of it.)

Steve Tilley said...

Alice in Sunderland was my favourite of all time.