Monday, June 23, 2008

O Happy Day!


In reply to those who have asked why so little blogging lately, my excuse has been all the planning and preparation for my daughter's wedding on Saturday (though to be honest my contribution was marginal in comparison to what my wife did.) Apologies also that the above picture was not taken by me but by one of the guests "Chu." I was already wearing two hats as Father of the Bride and as Minister; I didn't want to complicate things further by trying to be amateur photographer as well.
I do have a few pictures taken before the wedding (i.e. when the sun was shining...) but once proceedings got under way I am afraid I was too busy to even think about taking photographs.
It was an absolutely brilliant day from start to finish. Beforehand I had wondered how it might feel walking down the aisle with Linsay then having to conduct the worship. Would I be completely overcome with emotion?
I have to admit that halfway down the aisle there was a brief flutter... but from then on it was just a totally joyful day, helped no doubt by the fact that Linsay and Kerron themselves seemed to be having such a good time.
My task was made easier by the fact that Linsay and Kerron had invited a friend, Andy Flannagan, to lead the praise at the beginning and end of the service and their former employer Andy Reed MP, to read the Bible readings. There was another Andy (Cunningham) in charge of the sound desk - so we almost had as many "Andes" as South America!
The ceremony was followed by champagne in a slightly chilly Manse garden, then a barbecue (cooked outside but eaten indoors) and finally a ceilidh in the church hall, led by "Rule of Three."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad it all went so well. From a by-standers point of view I would agree that Lynsey and Kerron looked positively joyful on their special day. Lynsey was radiant, as were the lovely bridesmaids and the delectable Dawn...in high heels I noticed!! You must be a very proud man to be surrounded by such a gorgeous bunch of beauties?

liz crumlish said...

Hey, sounds great. I was thinking of you - I knew it was happening the same weekend I was camping with guides. What a different way to celebrate - and all intimate and meaningful. Well done, proud father of the bride. Hope you get some time to recover.
x

L said...

That's so nice to hear :)

Anonymous said...

Can't believe how alike Linsay and Ailsa are in this picture, never seen that before. yes everyone did look so happy and i agree with previous comments Dawn's and the bridesmaids shoes were amazing.
congrats to the happy couple

Kerron said...

How much Ailsa and Linsay look alike in this photo?

Do you want to tell them, or should I?

(I should also point out in fairness to Linsay, she has a far smaller beard than me. ;-))