Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Who knows what goes on inside her pretty little head?



I've spoken before about our cat, Tess. She can be a strange creature sometimes - one minute very affectionate, the next fairly ferocious.
When I am working at my desk she has a habit of jumping up onto the desk and walking all over the computer keyboard (which makes for some interesting new words) before settling down usually on the pile of papers that I am working on, or else she will try to curl up on my knee which is equally distracting.
This morning she did her usual and, as often happens, her attention was drawn to the movement of the cursor on the screen. Since I wasn't going to be working with the computer at the time I decided to do something to keep her 'out of my hair' or at least off my knee. I put a DVD into the pc drive. Now, I've noticed already that Tess likes watching wildlife programmes on the telly, especially if it involves elephants, or members of the cat family. Well, this was a documentary on Mountain Lions.
It worked!
She was transfixed! She sat on the desk totally absorbed by the pictures on the screen. I'm not sure how much of the commentary she understood but I think she fancied herself prowling among the mountain regions of South America. She was definitely star-struck!
I think she could turn into a real desk potato if I let her...

[remember to click on the photo to see it full size]

7 comments:

Kerron said...

Our cat is just being sick all over the place at the mo. She must be about 16, so I think this is the beginning of the end. :-/

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

That's sad. The bit I don't like about having pets.

Anonymous said...

I put my cat in front of the mirror once. She had a fight with herself. Apparently she thought she was dealing with an intruder that she didn't like. She hissed and yelled, but eventually fell in love, purring ever so gratefully that she found another cat she could get along with. How funny they can me!

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

Not too different from most people, then? I think most of us have a bit of a love/hate relationship with ourselves. :-)

Anonymous said...

I discovered your blog from a link on Albert Bogle's blog. Your cat sounds pretty cool!
I'm gonna try to see if my cat would like wildlife programs! Or possibly a video of herself :-)

Do you know that your blog clock is an hour late?

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

Hi there, Andrea. Let me know whether your cat likes video. (Mine likes to watch elephants on TV too.) :-)
Actually, I did know the clock was wrong but couldn't be bothered fixing it. Maybe I should.

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.