Saturday, October 07, 2006

A Scoreline to Savour


Wow! talk about winning!
How's this for a scoreline:

Scotland 1 France 0.

Played three: won three!

The picture on the left shows the River Clyde in Glasgow at night. A picture of serenity and peace.

But I guess not tonight for many people - apart from the raging storm blowing strong winds and heavy rain across the west of Scotland tonight. I think among football fans anyway there will be a storm of celebration.

I know... winning isn't everything. But when it comes to competitive sports, losing isn't anything! So let me just savour the moment. No doubt several months from now Scotland will contrive to do its usual trick of "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" and failing to qualify for Euro 2008, but for now our team sits proudly at the top of the group and the rest of us congratulate them.

And now back to sermon writing....

.... until the highlights come on the telly!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scotland's winning streak did not last long :-(
Did you see England's goal keeper blunder!

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

I know. But it lasted longer than usual! :-)

Aaron Murin-Heath said...

You have some excellent photography on here Iain. Never underestimate the importance of carrying a camera, eh?

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

Thank for the comments, Tyger. Unfortunately I don't always have my camera with me when I see a good shot.